I hope you’re having a wonderful week! It has been another crazy week and a half since visiting Brendan in Columbus, Georgia, and saying good-bye to him yesterday morning was so hard! (Keep that positive energy flowing his way!) Yesterday began my 61-days of push ups and my arms are twitching to keep going. When I was in Georgia I came upon a recipe (thank you Toni Cisnero) that literally made me scream with excitement–PIZZA! Yes–the beautiful food that combines, cheese, bread, and meat! Now before you start your up-and-down spasms, one of that trio is actually not included in this recipe dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn–bread. Before you start to fret, thinking…”well I’ll never make this then” take a glance below and try it. Remember what your friends said, “Don’t knock it ’til you try it!”–pizza that is.
CLEAN PIZZA (using meat as the crust)
Non-stick cooking spray
1 20-ounce package 99% Lean Ground Turkey
1/2 Cup of oats
2 Egg whites
Basil, Oregano, Garlic
1 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese
1 Cup Pizza Sauce
Any of your favorite toppings
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Mix together in a large bowl the ground turkey, oats, egg whites, and seasonings
3. Lay out foil on cookie sheet and spray with Pam
4. Take meat mixture and spread it out flat on the cookie sheet in the shape of a pizza…or whatever shape you’d like.
5. Cook for 20-25 minutes
6. Once complete spread pizza sauce and cottage cheese on the “crust”…add whatever your favorite toppings are!
7. Cook until the cheese is melted the way you like!
Cut into 6 slices!
Calories: 181 Fat: 3g Carbs: 9g Protein: 32g
Come on…look at those stats! I’d say it’s atleast worth giving a try! How bad could it be?? 🙂
5.5 Weeks out! Getting my bodyfat tested tomorrow…I’ll let you know how it goes 🙂